25.9.13

LONE SOUL


I feel your presence from me depart
I feel the darkness my spirit envelope
I feel the warmth…your warmth gently dissipate
I know your touch has since gone cold

I watch from afar the shining light
That once upon on a time was a reflection of us
I cringe and crawl deeper into the shadows
The darkness now my home, my solace, my friend

The thuds of my heart, the only sounds I know
As silence surrounds me… thick as the dark
The sighs from my lips, a welcomed interlude
As time makes its way, day in day out

2 comments:

  1. hmm...I suppose there's a sequel to this piece o! You kinda left me hanging with the last line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately I am a terrible sequel writer...I'd be honored if you did me the favour though...

    thanks for dropping in...

    ReplyDelete