9.10.12

How did we get here?


How did we get here? What have we become? Where did we go wrong? How do we find our way back?

These are some of the numerous questions that have been plaguing my mind since I heard of the Aluu incidence. I do not want to go into the various versions of stories that I have heard...I don't want to go into them because none of these stories can help me understand the justification or motive for these killings....and believe me, I desperately want to understand.

I never watched the video (don't think I want to), but I heard and read the news and saw them pictures....I was scared! It leads me to think even the person next to you is to be feared.

Is it pain or grief, anger or frustration, evil or just fun that would make humans lynch their own fellow being in such a disdainful manner? Words do not even do justice to the many emotions coursing through me. We daily pray for peace and good leadership, but some place inside of me, I feel we deserve the leadership and treatment that we get; because we have over and again proven ourselves a ruthless people with no compassion.

Yes, this is our country and we have the right to demand the type of life that we want, but let's go about it the right way. Let's not completely corrode the line that separates good from evil; right and wrong are still different, and not just in their spellings. What now is the greater sin, Lynching or Stealing?

No matter the reasons we give, no matter the arguments presented; what is wrong is wrong, and this...this is unarguably wrong.It is incidences like this, that makes me question the state of mind of people in this country. A lot of people need help; psychological and emotional help. We pride ourselves as a hustling people, who survive no matter what - but occurrences like this are the little pointers to the wear-and-tear happening inside some people, not visible on the outside.

I am scared o...truth be told; besides been confused, angry or dazed, I'm really scared. For the conditions of this Nation, for the children yet unborn,for even the next minute.

We desperately need to find our way back... to a better place, a better point - and it's not God alone that will help us, we need to help ourselves!

8 comments:

  1. Its so sad to see what we have turned in to,i guess this is just a tip of the iceberg. i fear for the future....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The future ba? I pray we even survive the present.

      Delete
  2. I lost d initial comment....well, in a nutshell it is in line of d fact dt as much as I'd like to agree wif u on d fact dt d society deserves d leadership it gets, I still fink when people have been raped as much as dey have been, dey sooner or later lose dia sense of humanity. My 10k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I rightfully said that I'm scared for the state of mind of people in the country...and that a lot of people need help - psychological n emotional.

      We struggle and hustle and lose ourselves in the process, but still...what is wrong is wrong!

      Delete
  3. It is really sad. The brutality on display in dt video. Took me two days to finally watch it to d end....and boy!
    Well, I will still say it is how people have been reduced to almost animalistic existence dt has led to dis....either ways. Of course, I don't buy a lot of d crap dt has been said. My position being, the system has been too negligent....so we have what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the system is you and I, be it in the navy, army, police force, house of reps, even d so called vigilante....the system is U and I. If the system has been negligent, its cos we have been negligent.

      The foundation must have been destroyed somewhere is what i believe, cos I know it was not always like this...we either started paying attention to the wrong things or stopped paying attention to the right ones.

      Delete
  4. ::: sorry this may appear too blunt for u guys to handle; just as Lanre said, it's gonna get worse anyway cause the earth is so messed up right now and its inhabitant all wear mask. Pls look in the mirror :::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A honest word is what we need right now, be it blunt or not!

      Thanks for dropping a comment.

      Delete