9.5.12

Whose Fault?





11.41pm

You wouldn’t believe me, but I’m writing this from behind a vantage point shielding me from the various daggers flying at me – and the source being my sister.

So my sister is a doctor and my big mouth proceeded to tell her how colleagues at my office were against the Doctors’ strike and how they think Fashola was justified in his action. Bam!!!...wrong thing to say, because I have not had a moment of peace since then.

Now I’m wondering… Whose fault? Who’s to blame for all of this? And right now, my questions go beyond the Fashola and Medical Doctors’ fiasco. The truth is I’m also pretty tired and I do not like my pay, but sadly I cannot go on strike. I also pay tax, and I think I’m underpaid, but still I cannot go on strike. We do realize that there is a problem with our system, and the system here is synonymous to Nigeria in it’s entirety and not necessarily the “government “alone.

We love you Doctors, many people owe you their lives or the lives of their children and families…but gosh it’s your damn job. Do not get me wrong, I don’t think you are being treated well enough, heck I don’t even think you are treated half enough. All I know is we are in dire need of new tactics for this decayed system of ours, because the ones we know and have tried aren’t working.
Abeg ehn…let’s all calm down (at least so the daggers from my sister can cease, and I can go to be – I’m not on strike o and work dey tomorrow). E go better!!!

8 comments:

  1. ::: Hmmm... been a while. Your sister wanna use you as the scape goat abi... no provoke am oh lol. My close friend was affected and i made it clear to her that Fashola was on point and she agreed! and blamed it on the top management. "They keep playing with innocent lives to their own selfish demands." the best way to resolve it was to send them on permanent leave... i hope they learn or join their colleagues in politics (where the money is):::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...my dear frend, forgive the temporary silence!

      thanks for ur thoughts, a colleague of mine also shared the plight of one of his frends who lost his child owing to this strike action. I gues all this is a typical case of 'if the foundation be destroyed...'

      anyways God help us all...thanks again for dropping by, aprc8 u loads...

      Delete
  2. You right on point. Only in Nigeria do u hear such silliness like sympathy strike. Methnks doctors are overfed, calous and inhumane. Cos of filthy lucre they condemn nigerians to their death. Pls dnt let my sis see this. Lol. Bt d truth must b told

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Overfed, Callous and Inhumane" - Hehehehe...I wouldn't say so, but I think there are better ways, and that the thought for human life should be paramount.

      Thanks T...you r highly aprc8ted!

      Delete
  3. quite right. None is okay wit dir take home pay. Wen as strike ever resolved issues in naija? D best srike being Occupy Nigeria sef didnt acheive its aim. You choose ur profession witout coercion n knwing wats obtainable in d sector, so y cry foul @ ds time? Abeg free us joor!!!
    May God help us all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ "Abeg free us joor".

      You and I should also totally ask for a salary raise jare, but as we no fit strike nko...how we for do.

      Gracias friend!

      Delete
  4. Revolution is all we need. I believe once there is a CAPITAL offence for not doing the right thing i believe there would be change. Like i usually say Nigerian Youths are to blame, they never care to know about their immediate environment and this is one of the cause of the problems we are facing. The SYSTEM is COLLAPSING before our EYES and we all looking till it will fall. My dear i pray Nigeria's case wont be like Ghana's Old economy cuz we are making towards that. 1000 NAIRA has no value again, stepping out of your house alone to the junction might cause you 100 for Bike and another 50 NAIRA to get the car park and thats a 150 naira and yet you have not thought of lunch outside like 300(2-3$)and recharge card and still face the same hustle back home. You see once the 5000NAIRA is created the economy would collapsed tremendously and the shattered pieces might never be recovered. Like i said from the start of my thought. All we need is revolution. whyjay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all mon ami, its an honour to have you here!

      I 100% agree with your take on the NGN5,000 note, its almost as if these people just sit and gamble with policies as they wish.

      But I disagree with your blame on the Nigerian Youth...do not get me wrong we do have some blame, but look around you and you will see youths of varied numbers and disciplines doing exploits. Look at some elder ones and you will understand why the youths are like this, the foundation is terrible, and no matter how aesthetically appealing a building is, a bad foundation will surely cause its fall...no matter how long it takes.

      We do have a lot to do for this country frend mi, but where is the commitment, the drive, the compassion even. God help us though!

      Thanks again for dropping by!

      Delete