25.4.12

Mere Words?... Nah



Today, I am going to share how words have affected my life and how important I think they are.

Believe me when I say that words have a way of sinking into the deepest parts of our hearts and mind and influencing the way we see ourselves and other people around us. Let me give you sincere examples;

1)Every time someone tells me now that I have pretty eyes, I smile - but I never forget how these same eyes had gotten me a lot of not so nice nicknames in the past.

2)Every time someone tells me I have great legs, I try to smile - but I never forget how I had always been told that I had footballer legs when I was younger.

3)Every time I try to make a decision and I have trouble doing it on time, the first thing that comes to my mind; is how someone once referred to me as flippant and nonchalant.

4)I remember the first time I tried my hands on something awesome, it was after a long call from a friend of mine.

5)I remember the first time I decided to participate in my first debate, it was because my English teacher told me I had great dictions, hehehe...

My point is no matter how little the word is, don't doubt its ability to make an impact. Every time we get a compliment, its easy for us to glow and feel awesome with ourselves, but how do we feel when someone tears us down? Of course if you are wrong and in need of the criticism, do take it...but don't let it destroy you - instead let it build you up.



No one can destroy you or pull you down if you do not allow it - never forget that. Let words be like bricks to you, take the useful ones and trim the necessary ones, the kind of building you produce or emerge with, is the kind of life you want.

So also, let's keep it in mind that whether we like it or not, or whether we know it or not, we are at one point in time or the other contributing to the type of building (life) people around build for themselves through our words. That is why we must be careful the words we say to people around us,let us encourage and be firm not harsh...

So live focused, be positive and have fun with life...you were made for the best, and that's all that counts!!!

16 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmnnn, motivational piece.... But that you had footballer's feet when you were smaller. lwkmd!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny boi... waiting till I fish out sumfin about u...*now googling*

      thanks Boss!!!

      Delete
  2. Lailai.... *Pops collar* fresh to death lomo!! Hehehehe *Knacks ray bans and walks off* (James Bond tune playing in background)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't tempt me o *wagging my fingers at you*...Ah yes! found it, now going to post for the world to see..

      Delete
    2. Found what kwa?? Abeg abeg abeg........ No dey threaten boys oooo

      Delete
    3. Oh so u havent seen it yet...hehehe its al ova d internet...go find out

      Delete
  3. Tis inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Thank you 'laykay...

      Always nice to be able to inspire sum1.

      Delete
  4. ::: Ok, everyone here just did what you requested - giving you more compliments! But hey! this is to me "Most Encouraging Reading Ever" words :::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is also to u..."Most Encouraging Reader ever"

      Thanks frend

      Delete
    2. ::: thanks !!! *wink* just keep it coming and make it real... I dey feel u 'live' lol:::

      Delete
  5. ::: the blog urban look and feel is interesting and approved...:::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. hehehehe

      Bros...why are u chuckling na?

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. hehe...its an honour to have you here.

      Thanks!!!

      Delete