3.4.12

IMPERFECT ME

I might not be the best you know


But please give me a chance to grow
If in my steps I sometimes fail
It doesn't mean my boat will no longer sail


So let your words to me be frail
Not in their depths, but in their tone
For this heart of mine, you cannot clone
So don't break it please, this is my plea


I try my best, if only you'd see
Am putting my best into all my deeds
I wish you'll take me in, tell me its okay
And watch me grow, I can't do it in a day

Love me as me...this much I pray
Take the time out....by my side stay
Then maybe I'll become the best you want
And make you proud of me to flaunt


Hold my hands, and let's together count
Our successes and failures, our hopes and dreams
I come to you as the imperfect me
But teach me, and we could build a perfect me.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehehe Read my mind and find out.

      Delete
  2. Nice piece, Ore mi. you are just too much. keep it up. regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet@...

      Ose dear, but na Baba God all the way.

      Delete
  3. Hmm...Love the rythm. Maybe I will engage you for my wedding toast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...I can't wait for that day o...oya do it sharp sharp.

      Thanks jare, glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. I like this and the message in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh...

      Always glad to see your comment.

      Delete
  5. Great lesson for all of us who want that perfect person overnight. Only if everyone around us can read this. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear...

      I'm always glad to have you here!

      Delete
  6. ::: YGH... duffing my hat for while i bend down to kiss ur feet* Thinking of a duet 'MI&Tiwa savage - Imperfect Me' hmmm, the best song of the year with the best lyrical content. Great lines with in depth expressions: "For this heart of mine, you cannot clone
    So don't break it please, this is my plea
    I wish you'll take me in, tell me its okay
    Love me as me...this much I pray
    Then maybe I'll become the best you want
    And make you proud of me to flaunt" :::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe...don't make my head swell jor

      *serious face* thanks alot...i aprc8 u!

      Delete
  7. ::: You just can't run away from your natural endowment - let the head swell oh cause u are just too good! *grin*:::

    ReplyDelete