21.2.12

WHITNEY

Whitney…

It was your voice that drew me in

And in its embrace I remain still

If loving you is considered a sin

Then am sorry, so shall it be

“laughing”, that sounded really funny

But I guess its just the way I feel.



We hadn’t met, thought you would stay till we did

Had a lot of questions, thought I would save it till we meet

If I had known that you would be gone so soon

I could have sent a letter, mail, or travelled the world to see you

But you left a note, Oh how sweet of you…

“…So I’ll go, but I’ll know, I will think of you every step of the way, and I will always love you… I hope life treats you kind, and I hope you have all you dreamed of, but above all things I wish you love…..and I will always love you”

Reading it, my eyes gradually formed a pool

Of tears begging to freely flow through

I think you have said all there is to

As I also deeply wish that you

Are resting in peace, feeling good.

They said you broke, but I don’t believe its true

I Think you were just human, mistake-bound too

The past cannot be changed; Sad but true

So wherever you are, I hope you will look

To see how your exit has filled me with gloom.

Am choking on my tears, even wetting my book

So I will stop here, there’s nothing left to do

Than whisper your name saying farewell for good

Whitney…

4 comments:

  1. Awww this is really nice.

    I loved her much

    ReplyDelete
  2. whitney was awesome...greatest of her times.

    Very nice tribute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree..

      Thank you Jeff, I appreciate your dropping by.

      Delete