14.11.11

I Don't Know.... What Do You Think

I don't know what we think of, when we pray for a better Nigeria...
I don't know what we hope to see when the better Nigeria comes...
I don't know if for you it's just about the good roads, low cost housing, increased standard of living, job availability, security, allowances, health care, good education, and the list is endless...

I don't know if you ever pause to think that a better Nigeria should be more than these things listed above...
I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks inhumanity has consumed us all...
I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks Boko Haram is more than the sect blowing up innocent ones...

I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks Boko Haram is the man in green that beat mercilessly a fellow man just because to him he is a bloody civilian... or the group of people that beat and stripped naked a girl for stealing a blackberry (am not supporting the girl's action though)... or the man in black who shot a fellow man just because of N20...

I don't know about you, but I think even Boko Haram is more justified than all of these, because atleast they act with obvious intent of hurting others, while we do ours feeling self-righteous... It's in the papers, It's on T.V, It's on the radio, its everywhere, and we see some of them...

I don't know about you, but I can do without the good roads, if I knew there was love around me... I could do without electricity if I didn't have to watch my back with every step... If only I could dream without fears of it being short-lived...

I don't know if you have noticed that even in the once popular rebranding slogan of ours, "Good People" came before "Great Nation". That is because what truly makes a better Nigeria is the little 'Thank You', 'Pardon Me', 'I'm Sorry', You can have mine', Why don't we share', Hey, watch out', 'I forgive You', 'I Love You'....

I don't know about you, but I think a better Nigeria needs for us love one another, and without this love, all the good roads, good education, good health care, good power supply... wouldn't do us any good.

4 comments:

  1. ::: Hmmm... I don't know if you know that the track 'Forces in love by Kenny G' fits in best as the background music for this heart touching piece. i don't know if you know that you are good at what you do? *watery eyes* :::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...I don't know if you know that I believe i'm blessed because of people like you. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. ::: I am glad to hear that. That's a fact not a compliment :::

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::: Sorry the track is 'Forever In Love' from the album breathless - kenny G:::

    ReplyDelete